Steve van Aperen
After assisting police in 68 homicide investigations and 2 serial killer cases, the media gave Steve the moniker “The Human Lie Detector”. In order to help police read people Steve developed his unique 4 stage process together with his hugely successful “60 Second Profiling Technique”. Steve has trained intelligence agencies, homicide detectives, the Defence Security Authority and Department of Defence personnel in how to read people and detect deception by analysing verbal, non-verbal and paralinguistic behaviours.
That same process is now taught by Steve throughout the world to CEO’s, business executives, recruiters, portfolio managers, the banking & finance industry, customer service reps, investigators and sales professionals to do their jobs better. Steve’s training helps you succeed at the negotiation table… read people like a book… cultivate deeper relationships… and dramatically increase profits.
Gain An “Edge” When Interviewing, Selling Or Negotiating…
By Deciphering Messages Hidden In Body Language.
Reading your customers and identifying what they are feeling or thinking requires a unique skill set. When human beings try to suppress an emotion it will often leak out and contradict the spoken word. Effective interviewers, recruiters & sales staff all need to identify the 7 behavioural indicators that are displayed by all human beings.
To do so consistently requires a novel approach. And the approach Steve developed — known as the “60 second profiling technique” — has remarkable applications in business and life.
The “60 second profiling technique” helps you:
- Develop world-class observational skills
- Read body language with uncanny accuracy
- Communicate with more verve and impact
- Excel in interviews, sales calls and negotiations
Detect Deception By Looking “Between The Words”
Knowing how to analyse the content and structure of language gives you a distinct advantage. In any conversation — with staff, prospects, clients, vendors or candidates — you can detect the difference between what’s said and what’s true. And this knowledge is power.
Express Your Better Self
Have you ever met a person with presence? A person that just had “something about them”… something that made them irresistible?
Steve trains attendees to become analysts of human behaviour. When you know the secrets of body language, not only can you read others, but you can exude confidence, magnetism and integrity without saying a single word!
As a highly sought after speaker, media commentator, author, behavioural analyst and executive business coach, Steve travels around the world teaching organisations how to read their customers, detect deception, win at the negotiation table and watch profits soar. Let Steve show you how to read these verbal and non-verbal cues and prosper in business, sales, meetings, recruitment interviews and negotiations!
“Steve is an extremely interesting individual…He is an expert in the non-verbal cues to look for when people may be saying one thing but thinking something else. He specializes in reading and analysing distress signals and facial expressions. I would certainly love to have him by my side in the business world, where his powers of observation would be a fantastic resource.” Steve Waugh AO Australian of the Year 2004 Former Australian Cricket Captain
“Steve van Aperen is a man who studies the way people answer questions and at the same time their body language. He makes his living out of sorting truth from deception.” Mike Munro, Journalist & Former 60 Minutes Reporter
“He is an extraordinary man who is an expert in detecting deception. This man is a dead set legend.” Catriona Rowntree Presenter and Journalist
“He has trained with the LAPD, FBI and US Secret Service. Fascinating conversation.” Kerri-Anne Kennerley TV Host
“He is so good they call him the Human Lie Detector.” Sanjay Gupta MD CNN
Why Australia’s top 100 companies have Steve present at their events and coach their senior executive teams.
- Steve shows organisations, sales teams, executives, CEO’s and staff how to read customers and watch profits soar!
- Learn how to use Steve’s 4 step plan to lead & win at the negotiation table.
- If you are not using Steve’s unique “60 Second Profiling Technique” you may be missing out on lost sales opportunities!
- Learn how to read what your clients & customers are really thinking by analysing body language, facial and micro-expressions during the sales or interviewing process.
- Steve engages, fascinates and mesmerises his audiences in such a positive way that they will be talking about it, well after your event.
- Steve has worked with numerous planners and event managers over the years and understands the importance of a well organised event and how it reflects on event planners, businesses and client’s alike.
- Steve connects with his audiences by providing informative, interactive and dynamic presentations that lead to repeat bookings.
- Steve takes his audience on a journey. Having assisted police on 66 homicide and serial killer investigations Steve knows how to read people. Steve uses humor, fascinating real life experiences and stories that will have your audience wanting more.
- Steve is an energetic, passionate and enthusiastic speaker who individually tailors every presentation to suit each client.
- Steve’s presentations are relevant and entertaining whilst providing a handful of take-always that can be put into practice immediately.